Friday, December 07, 2007

November Poker Progress

Let’s talk November.  I’ve written before that I was on a bad roll and I was.  I know understand the term “grinder” because I grinded my way back to $450 just this week.  It helped that I was sick and could play a lot of poker in bed.  I was able to move up to the $10 SNG and do well there.  I was actually able to win one which comes with a $45 top prize.

 

I’m now at my highest level ever in poker and it feels good.  If I can avoid any major losses this month, I will have parlay $100 into $450.  If I can do it I’d like to make it to $500 by the end of the year.

 

Keys to success.  It’s the adage “never give up”.  I can’t tell you how many times I was short stacked and I threw away hands that I just did not want to go broke with.  I was down to 6 big blinds on the bubble, only to see the second place chip stack lose it all to a stupid all-in.

 

Yesterday was the first time I lost on the bubble and I was so frustrated.  I had pocket 2’s at one point and could have called a small raise.  I would have flopped a set and would have tripled my stack when two players shove all in with top pair.

 

Then I’m short stacked on my way to make the money only to see the chip leader double my closest opponents with stupid calls.

 

Gotta go.

No comments: