Monday, September 01, 2008

August Results

I had a break even August. I started with a $400 bankroll and ended with a $400 bankroll.  Last week I was down to $360. I was able to bring it back to $400 primarily playing SNGs.
I've had a rough time with SNGs lately and I decided to try something new. I concentrated on the game and tuned out the TV. My goal was to identify the players I can pick on and the ones that I needed to play carefully.
One SNG, I made a sick suckout. I shoved with 8's and was called by Aces. I hit my 8 on the river to win it.  After this, I had three points when my opponents thought I play way too loose and shoved me, hoping I would fold.  In all three cases, I called feeling that they had nothing and I was right all three times. I'm finding that to win I need to concentrate on the other players and then to understand your image at the table at that time and exploit that image.

No comments: