Saturday, May 06, 2006

Stupid Overly Aggressive Losers

I'm in a SNG at Full Tilt Poker again.  First hand, I'm dealt A-J of hearts and I have the dealer button.
 
Three limpers and it comes to the player on my right.  He makes the standard raise of 90.  I reraise to 150 in order to isolate.
 
Everyone folds to the raiser and he goes all-in.
 
I hate these guys.  They overplay their hands with the all-in. The question is "do I call him?"
 
Does he have a premium hand?  No, because you don't need to go all-in. Play the dominate hand after the flop.
 
Does he have a pocket pair?  Maybe, but why go all-in, but I just didn't feel it.
 
I'm feel like I'm ahead.  So I gamble and I call.  The other player flips over Q-9 of hearts. And my Ace stands up.
 
Was I stupid to call?  Yes and no.  I had a great read on the guy.  But the other guy overplayed his hand.  By going all in, he was telling me that he wants me to fold.  I decided to play the odds and call the bet.  I probably would have folded if he raised me on the flop.

No comments: