Thursday, January 04, 2007

My first big loss

I could blame the fact that I'm sick, but I just got unlucky and I played badly.  I had recently won about $30 in $.50/$1 limit.  I played again.I began to lose and lose fast to the point that I almost lost what I had won previously.
 
Three factors to my losing.
 
1.  Draws that didn't pay off.  This happens a lot in limit, but I just couldn't convert a draw.
2.  Suck outs for my opponents.  I would have top pair with highest kicker and my opponent pairs his kicker on the river.
3.  Too aggressive with aggressive players.
 
Factors 1 and 2 I can live with.  That's the problem with limit and you'll win hopefully more than you'll lose.  Aggression is my problem at the moment.  I seem to take raises personally and I just need to muck when trying to be overly aggressive with my losing hands.
 
Alan Ng
 
 
 

No comments: