Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My Second SNG

Game Summary:
Full Tilt Poker
$5 SNG
Finished 2 out of 9
Gain: $8.00
 
The best way to sum of this game was scratch and claw your way to second place.  I was basically short stacked and battling it out with my third place opponent to make it finally to second place.
 
DON'T GO BROKE WITH TOP PAIR. Early a player was dropped because he overplayed his pocket aces.  He raised under the gun raising 9x the BB.  He's called by a guy with pocket 6's.  I probably would have folded this hand so early in the tournament.  Anyways, pocket 6's flops trips and pocket Aces will not fold but to go all in.  I'm not sure that I could fold Aces, but maybe I should learn.
 
I took a hit on the third level.  I was dealt A7s in the small blind.  3 limpers. The flop comes 8-8-7.  I have two pair.  I get to see where I stand.  I'm reraised just a little by the button.  The turn comes and I check the dealer bets all-in.  He's short stacked, I call because of odds and lose when he shows his 8.  I should not have been so aggressive because I misread the guy and I priced myself into call his all-in.
 
I'm now left with only 750 in chips and I'm approaching the short stack.  I need to find a moment to double up, which means pocket pairs or overcards.
 
5 hands later that opportunity comes.  I'm dealt KQo and I go all in.  I'm actually hoping to pick up the blinds, but I have a caller with KJ and I double up and find myself back to where I started.
 
I was a little handcuffed for the rest of the came.  It was a game of who can find themselves in second place.  Not the best game I've played but second ain't bad at this point.
 
 
Alan Ng
 
 
 

No comments: