Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Rough times ahead

Things have not been going well.  I've been careful not to get involved big losing hands, but I'm just not pulling it out.  Every session it's $5 here, $5 there.
 
What am I learning.  Cards run cold.  In low limit games, you have to hit your flushes, hit your straights.  If you can't do that, you're not going to win pots.  I'm not hitting anything.  I've been using a Poker Tracker program to chart my opponents.  I'm definitely playing against a lot of loose players.  On average they lose money, but the lucky ones tend to win a lot of money by hitting the lucky straights and flushes and also by hitting their two pair playing the K-2 down to the river.
 
I could begin playing that way, but why?  It's a losing proposition in the long run.
 
I started playing no limit poker.  I'm starting at the $.05/$.10 and after a rough start I'm actually ahead $10.00.  Talking about grinding.

No comments: