Monday, November 28, 2005

The Weirdest Hand Ever

I've decided that I'm going to play more Sit-N-Go's and tournaments and pull back from ring games.  I'm really trying to work on my no-limit skills.

Yesterday, I was playing a SNG and I came across the wildest hands.  Fortunately, I was not a part of this hand.

It's only three hands into the match and the blinds are at 15/30.  I have 86o under the gun and I obviously fold.

Seat 3 bets small to 60. Seat 4 calls 60 for pot odds. Seat 6 raises to 255 to isolate the raisers. Seat 3 then goes all in. Seat 4 calls the all-in and then seat 6 calls the all-in.

Here's why I don't like.  Unless I have Aces or Kings. I'm not calling all-in.  It's too early in the tournament to be knockout with a low pair.

Seat 3 shows pocket Tens. Seat 4 shows pocket Jacks.  Seat 6 shows pocket Kings.  Seat 6 is the favorite.

The flop comes 8-A-T.  Now Seat 3 is the favorite.
The turn comes J. Now Seat 4 is the favorite.
The river comes K. Seat 6 triples up.

This is by far one of the freakiest hands I've ever seen.  Then again, why do people play this reckless.

No comments: