Sunday, January 04, 2009

Poker Journal for 1/3/09

Poker Journal

8:03 PM - mypalal: loves that a friend is over and I can sneak off to play a couple of poker tournaments. You can follow me at http://twitter.com/mypalpoker - (Twitter)

8:04 PM - mypalal is gonna play a little poker on Full Tilt. You can follow me at twitter.com/mypalpoker - (Plurk)

8:04 PM - mypalpoker: gonna play a few tournament on Full Tilt and see if I can cash in a few. poker - (Twitter)

8:17 PM - mypalpoker: is trying to set up his dual monitor before starting. poker - (Twitter)

8:21 PM - mypalal is trying to set up his dual monitor before playing poker. - (Plurk)

8:25 PM - mypalpoker: started the $3 knock out tournament. Gonna play it tight at first. Lots of gambling at the beginning. Pair vs overcards. poker - (Twitter)

8:34 PM - mypalpoker: still early in both tournaments. Called a small raise with AK suited and folded when missed. - (Twitter)

8:38 PM - mypalpoker: Let's see what I can do with KJs in cutoff. I'll limp. - (Twitter)

8:38 PM - mypalpoker: Flopped top pair. - (Twitter)

8:39 PM - mypalpoker: Pot is 165. Called a 120 bet. - (Twitter)

8:40 PM - mypalpoker: Villian bets with top pair as well. Then back doors a flush to beat me. I'm out of the main tournament. Time to move on to the next. - (Twitter)

8:43 PM - mypalpoker: Big Blind Special: won pot when I hit bottom pair in the big blind and hand was checked down. - (Twitter)

8:44 PM - mypalpoker: 96o in SB. Limped and flopped nothing. I'm out. - (Twitter)

8:44 PM - mypalal has entered a $3 SNG Turbo. - (Plurk)

8:46 PM - mypalal: has entered the Midnight Madness Tournament on Full Tilt Poker. - (Twitter)

8:58 PM - mypalpoker: traps of playing passive. Dumped off a few chips chasing an open ended straight draw. - (Twitter)

8:59 PM - mypalpoker: Midnight Madness about to start. 1,800 players so far. This will be a long one. - (Twitter)

9:00 PM - mypalpoker: KO SNG: 2500 chips at 60/120 blinds. Still can play tight. - (Twitter)

9:01 PM - mypalpoker: Midnight Madness has begun. Just folded A7s in middle position. - (Twitter)

9:02 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: I officially have 20 bbs left. - (Twitter)

9:03 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: A7o in sb. Folding. Would have flopped top pair. - (Twitter)

9:09 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: I'm now at 10 bbs. In push/fold mode now. - (Twitter)

9:10 PM - mypalpoker: MM: Pocket Jacks w/ limpers. I'm all-in so early. with two callers. Mistake? - (Twitter)

9:12 PM - mypalpoker: MM: I'm out in 2423rd place. I was called PreFlop by A7 diamonds. Villian flopped nuts. That's pretty big call for an Ace-Suited. - (Twitter)

9:15 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: I doubled up with Pockets Aces vs. KJ. I have 4,165 chips w/ 120/240 blinds. - (Twitter)

9:17 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: Currently in 30th place out of 43 players. Money is at the final table. - (Twitter)

9:20 PM - mypalpoker: Knock Out MTT has started. Currently at 350 players. Decent prize pool. - (Twitter)

9:21 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: That was fast. I'm at 12 bbs without playing a hand. Back to Push/Shove. - (Twitter)

9:23 PM - mypalpoker: MTT: Why do people min raise? It's a weak attempt at aggression. - (Twitter)

9:24 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: Now I'm less than 10 bbs. - (Twitter)

9:24 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: Looking for any good hand to shove. Especially now in the blinds and late position. - (Twitter)

9:26 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: This is gonna be tough. The chip leader is at my table and he's getting cooler after cooler. He's taking advantage of his chip stack. - (Twitter)

9:27 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: K5 on the Button gotta shove. Took down blinds and antes. - (Twitter)

9:28 PM - mypalpoker: Now I have A4. Called by chip leader. who had pocket 2's. I caught 4 on river to double up. 7,810 w/ 200/400 blinds. - (Twitter)

9:29 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: Chip leader is donking off chips. - (Twitter)

9:30 PM - mypalpoker: MTT. I have AKo on SB. UTG Overbets. I fold. Not worth playing out of position for small stakes. - (Twitter)

9:31 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: On break. That last double up helped. Still have 7,810. Currently 13th out of 27. - (Twitter)

9:36 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: Now I'm at the table with 1st and 2nd players. - (Twitter)

9:39 PM - mypalpoker: MTT: A4 in big blind. I have bottom pair on flop. trips on turn. Full house on river and lost to better full house. I now have 60 chips. - (Twitter)

9:40 PM - mypalpoker: MTT: I am all-in with J7 vs. AK. I win that one with a Jack on the flop. - (Twitter)

9:40 PM - mypalpoker: MTT: On life support with 255 only 8 bbs. - (Twitter)

9:42 PM - mypalpoker: SNG: All in with KQo vs. AQ I'm out in 24th place. I think I'm done with tournaments today. - (Twitter)

9:59 PM - mypalpoker: I'm playing another SNG. I'll do other work so I may not report on this one. - (Twitter)

11:24 PM - mypalal has had a bad day of poker. Just not feeling it today. :'-( - (Plurk)

No comments: